HPNow is a proud participant in Horizon 2020, the European Commission’s largest research and innovation program.
HPNow’s operations are an integral part of Horizon 2020’s ‘Stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for sustainable and competitive agriculture, forestry, agri-food and bio-based sectors’ area of interest.
The Horizon 2020 program has helped initiate the HPGen project. The objective of the HPGen project is to take our HPGen on-site, consumable-free hydrogen peroxide generator through field trials in our primary market of European and Mediterranean greenhouses, onto productization and through to initial market introduction.
A successful project outcome will substantially contribute to the following European challenges:
- Safer and healthier food through reduction in the use of toxic chemical agents.
- Increased crop-yields, and reduced losses, through reliable and homogenous irrigation, improved plant health.
- Improved resource efficiency through facilitation of use of efficient irrigation and non potable water sources.
- Sustainable, more environmentally friendly agricultural and food industries.
- Reduced farm occupational hazards.