HPNow is a proud participant in Horizon 2020, the European Commission’s largest research and innovation program
HPNow’s operations are an integral part of Horizon 2020’s ‘Stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for sustainable and competitive agriculture, forestry, agri-food and bio-based sectors’ area of interest.
The Horizon 2020 SME program has helped develop and bring to market our irrigation water treatment solution under Horizon 2020’s ‘Stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for sustainable and competitive agriculture, forestry, agri-food and bio-based sectors’ area of interest.
A successful project outcome will substantially contribute to the following European challenges:
- Safer and healthier food through reduction in the use of toxic chemical agents.
- Increased crop-yields, and reduced losses, through reliable and homogenous irrigation, improved plant health.
- Improved resource efficiency through facilitation of use of efficient irrigation
- Sustainable, more environmentally friendly agricultural and food industries.
- Reduced farm occupational hazards.
HPGen in operation at a greenhouse in Almeria, Spain
Drippers before (left) and after (right) treatment using the HPGen system
Use of HPGen resulted in healthier plant roots and increased crop yield
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 767568